Part 1: #Blackinphysicsweek Career Fair Information
Black Physicists are essential stakeholders in the physics community and provide a unique and necessary lens. However, the current physics climate often ostracizes valuable Black perspectives. The Black In Physics organization delivers a much-needed platform that focuses on the needs of Black individuals. By developing more community-based support structures to champion Black physicists along their journey, BIP is making space for Black excellence. To this end, BIP is holding its third annual #BlackInPhysicsWeek from October 24-28, 2022.
#BlackInPhysicsWeek is aimed at
(1) building lasting community for Black physicists at all career stages through culturally-centered programming,
(2) amplifying the work of Black physicists,
(3) commissioning historically significant articles written by Black physicists, and
(4) creating a complete picture of what a physicist looks like.
The purpose of this week is to connect Black physicists, particularly students, who may be a minority at their institution, to a community where they can connect with peers, meet potential mentors, gain resources on numerous professional topics, develop tools to succeed, and build new collaborations.
The 3rd annual #BlackInPhysicsWeek Career Exploration event will again be held in GatherTown and Zoom.
Black In Physics is an organization for Black physicists by Black physicists.
Exhibitor Booth Sponsorship includes:
- An hour-long career panel (6 exhibitors maximum)
- Speed Networking session (10 exhibitors maximum)
- General Job Fair virtual booth with 2 booth representatives
- 3 Interactive objects at the booth (examples: PDF, Video, Embedded WebPage, Images)
- Sponsorship Recognition on Career Exploration Event marketing materials, and on interactive objects around the GatherTown Virtual Exhibit Hall.
- 50% off Job Advertisement Post on Black In Physics social media platforms and on the Black In Physics Website.
When: Friday October 28th, 2022 @11am-2pm PT/ 2-5 pm ET
Career panel 2-3pm
Speed Networking 3:10-4:10pm
General Job Fair with exhibitors 4:10-5pm
Details on how to join and navigate the GatherTown will be sent before the event.
Booths are limited to 30 on a first-come-first-served basis.